Is it true about a hen's comb

Not necessarily....I have hens with combs that fold over(just my leghorns) and ones that are erect...but they usually aren't as large or high.

Quote:
That is correct.

In certain breeds, like Leghorns and White-Faced Black Spanish, the hen's comb is more likely than the roosters to "flop." I personally think it looks cool, but I like chicken combs.

Quote:
That is correct.

In certain breeds, like Leghorns and White-Faced Black Spanish, the hen's comb is more likely than the roosters to "flop." I personally think it looks cool, but I like chicken combs.

LOL Chickens with floppy combs crack me up! There just funny to look at, ya know?

Quote:
We have two BO hens, and their combs have not folded over. I don't think they do, no. Ours are 4 months old. Their combs/wattles stay pretty small usually.
smile.png

Quote:
That is correct.

LOL Chickens with floppy combs crack me up! There just funny to look at, ya know?

Totally! I love it when a chicken moves its head quickly and its comb and wattles keep swinging from side to side even after the head has stopped moving.
big_smile.png
cool.png
I crack up every time!

Back
Top Bottom