Is it true that pointy eggs are most likely a rooster?

LOL! A guy at my church told me roosters lay eggs! He said they lay one egg and then they turn into a rooster! He has likely never seen a chicken in his life! He said he heard it on the Internet! LOL! We told him that roosters dont lay eggs because they don't have the parts to lay eggs! He didn't believe us! LOL
You heard a lie at church? Go figure 😂

I think it has to do with the relative shape of each hens eggs. That’s why they hatcheries can’t do it. But if your hen lays five eggs and three are rounded compared to the other two pointy then you could bet the rounds are pullets and pointy cocks.
I'm 75% sure they're both from the same hen, so should be a good indicator

LOL! A guy at my church told me roosters lay eggs! He said they lay one egg and then they turn into a rooster! He has likely never seen a chicken in his life! He said he heard it on the Internet! LOL! We told him that roosters dont lay eggs because they don't have the parts to lay eggs! He didn't believe us! LOL
Too bad you didn't ask him how often he ovulates.

Been there, done that. And have been doing it for 4 years with consistent improvement of pullet hatches. Method confirmed by multiple studies. I went from 40% pullet hatches (consistently) with randomly selected eggs to 60% pullet hatches with eggs chosen to fit the female shape profile. Somewhere, buried in the old threads is a thread I started to document process and results. Egg shape for gender selection
I want to eventually raise chicks. This would help in determining how many hens you want at a time. It would help lower the rooster factor and having to determine what do with them.Rounded shaped and wide eggs were more likely to produce female chicks. While pointed shaped and narrow eggs were more likely to produce male chicks. This is quoted from lazy gardener's "Egg shape for gender selection" article. This study was conducted with a Super Nick white layer breeder flock. Not sure if this works for all breeds, but it sure would save a lot of having to deal with too many roosters. I had two eggs in the nest box this morning, both were long and pointy. Saved them from being slaughtered, they went in the fridge. The article has lots of statics for those of you who want numbers. But in conclusion egg shape has something to do with it.

I want to eventually raise chicks. This would help in determining how many hens you want at a time. It would help lower the rooster factor and having to determine what do with them.Rounded shaped and wide eggs were more likely to produce female chicks. While pointed shaped and narrow eggs were more likely to produce male chicks. This is quoted from lazy gardener's "Egg shape for gender selection" article. This study was conducted with a Super Nick white layer breeder flock. Not sure if this works for all breeds, but it sure would save a lot of having to deal with too many roosters. I had two eggs in the nest box this morning, both were long and pointy. Saved them from being slaughtered, they went in the fridge. The article has lots of statics for those of you who want numbers. But in conclusion egg shape has something to do with it.
It has to do with the reproductive tract of the hen and nothing to do with the gender of the chick. What about all those pointy or round eggs that are unfertilized? Why would be different shapes?
Iazy gardener's wrong in a lot of stuff.. .

So I must have 1 hen that 100% of the time produces female chicks.... its not true.....

Egg shape has zero to do with sex of chicks

:lau
I read that round eggs are 80% of the time hens and pointy eggs are 80% roosters! Is this true?
It's not true. The shape of the egg has nothing to do with the gender of the chick.

If it was possible to determine the sex of the chick by the shape of the egg, the hatcheries would not waste incubator space on chick that would be males. They do because it isn't.

Back
Top Bottom