Is it worth it money-wise?

Like a lot of others have said, raising chickens provides benefits OTHER than monetary ones. You probably will never make a large profit off your birds, but you'll gain knowledge about animal husbandry and benefit from watching the birds' behavior. Chickens are entertaining and amusing to watch. Mentally and emotionally, chickens are a great investment.

There is a saying that goes something like, "The only people who are poor are the ones who lack knowledge." Consider raising chickens an investment in your (and your family's) education.

CHICABEE 19.....

Do you have any other pets? There are different ways to look at this. Compared to feeding dogs or cats you are getting something in return from the chickens. Plus the intertainment is good to. Helps me stay home {save gas} You could try it. If it isn't for you ,you can always use your coup for a shed .

My wife says if eggs were $10/doz at the store they would be cheaper than ours
big_smile.png
There are many good reasonsto have chickens -saving money on eggs isn't one of them.

i've only been into raising chickens for a very short time...but i have notice real well that free ranging does cut the cost of feed way down.days i leave the chickens in the run and coop i use twice as much feed then i do when i let them freerange for the day.so far it's been a real great time having them around.started out with just 9 chickens now i am up to 21...so it does get alittle addicting

Back
Top Bottom