Is it worth it?

Mamatomany123

Crowing
Mar 14, 2020
West texas
Someone is willing to sell this to me for $20. I know it's in rough shape but I was thinking it would be a great grow out coop for my 5 week olds. 1 of my sexlinks is trying to kill them so I think I'll have to wait until they're closer in size before I let them mingle and they will outgrow the brooder I have for them to before then. Once I get them mingled I plan on giving this one away (depending how it holds up) and hoping they start going to the main coop with this one gone. Good idea? Bad idea?

Attachments

• Screenshot_20210226-152822_OfferUp.jpg
    Screenshot_20210226-152822_OfferUp.jpg
    581.9 KB · Views: 20
  • Screenshot_20210226-152827_OfferUp.jpg
    Screenshot_20210226-152827_OfferUp.jpg
    413.5 KB · Views: 11
I would inspect it make sure it isn’t mostly rotten or damaged from termites before I bought it. Are the roof shingles cracked? Would it hold up to the kind of deep cleaning you would need to do to make sure there isn’t any lingering disease or parasites? Are the latches sturdy?
It’s hard to tell just how beat up it is from pictures.

Sorry, was outside supervising chicks and chickens. I am worried about it collapsing while I disinfected it. It looks in rough shape. I just really need to figure something out. 10 of my older girls do fine with the chicks. They will give them a little peck to get them out of the way but nothing too alarming. 1 is ripping out feathers. I'm about ready to get rid of her. Shes now biting me also. Maybe I'll just lock big meany in the dog crate while i let the babies in the run with the big girls.

Yeah, and maybe it will teach her to behave. She grabbed a chick so hard that it flew in the air. 😭 I locked her up in the run and let the babies and other bigger girls enjoy roaming but man, I've never had a chicken this mean.
I would keep her crated for at least a few days, if not longer.
Do you have a crate that will fit in the coop?

Back
Top Bottom