Is it wrong?

Quote:
I hope it works out for them and you and the farm will take them...
fl.gif

fl.gif

Why on earth do you think you need to get rid of them just because they are boys. I have 2 boys and 3 girls and everything is fine. The boys protect the girls an stand watch over them. Besides if something happens to one of your males you would have a backup. Why don't you just get 1 more girl. I really don't think they will kill your girls even 1 to 1. Under 10 ducks 1 to 1 is fine.

I am leaning towards being in the same situation as Oddyse. I have three and three, the old 1:1 ratio and have to keep them separate as they literally have come close to killing the hens a couple of times. Not too mention being generally nasty towards humans now as well. 1:1 ratio is not working with 2 Khaki Drakes, 2 Khaki Hens, 1 Magpie Drake, 1 Magpie hen. I love my drakes, but with the way their behavior is now (just developed in last couple weeks) I am having a really hard time justifying keeping the three drakes....since they don't produce eggs (which was why we started this in the first place) and their previous appealing personalities have pretty much disappeared entirely.

Unfortunately Dorsetduckowner lives a little too far away for me. I dont drive cars (im a biker lad) so I would have no way of getting them even half way. Which is a shame. I could make some sort of device to attach to the drakes and fly them down with me attached, like riding a horse, BUT IN THE SKY!
big_smile.png
It would have been good for them to go to someone on here as I have never spoke to such a friendly bunch of people and I know they would be in good hands.
hugs.gif

Hiya, if you really don't have any luck I can come and get them from you
smile.png

If you are planning on selling them to eat they have to be slaughtered by someone with a poultry slaughter license and have to be stunned and bled, tis the law
smile.png

zo

I have 2 males that are in a duck pen - along with a female (her choice - she cries if she is separated from them) and they get along just fine. However, if I let the 2 males out to congregate with the other ducks, they bring havoc to the chicken yard. These two will try to breed anything that walks by and will fight a charging bull AND tiger. With that being said, I keep them in a separate pen and they are only allowed to roam into the "human yard" when the others are NOT out free ranging. I've been doing that for about 5 years now and it seems to work. These 2 school yard bullies will live out their life at my little farm.

I know that some people may not be able to have a separate pen and do not want the extra males, so I think it's a personal choice on how to handle a problem like that. I for one understand the problem of having extra males. I had a lot of extra muscovy drakes and I had to process a lot of them and I still have more to process and I really hate that. I was able to sell a lot but still had a lot left over.

School Yard Bullies and their girlfriend.
6612_trio.jpg

Back
Top Bottom