Is Jane a Rochester? 7 week old Easter Egger gender question.

Discussion in 'What Breed Or Gender is This?' started by JanetSmithery, Jul 23, 2010.

1. JanetSmithery

JanetSmithery Out Of The Brooder

May 11, 2010
    Eugene, OR
    My Easter Egger is about 7 weeks old. She's still looking pretty straggly as far as the feathering is going, but her tail is especially sparse and I think her comb is getting pink. Can anyone hazard a guess yet? Thank you!

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

2. superchemicalgirl

superchemicalgirl HEN PECKED

Jan 10, 2010
    Vacationland, Maine
    I have no idea... but I love the names! My copy of Jane Eyre is so dog-eared.

Ok, I return you to your regularly scheduled program...

3. JanetSmithery

JanetSmithery Out Of The Brooder

May 11, 2010
    Eugene, OR
    Hah! Yeah, we're going with female characters from 19th century novels with this batch. Jane Eyre, Margaret Hale, Elizabeth Bennet, and Jo and Beth March. It's been awfully fun to say, "Oh, Lizzy, I hope you're not going Darcy on us!" Jo did turn out to be a Laurie. Poor Jane is the only one we're not too sure of yet.

4. superchemicalgirl

superchemicalgirl HEN PECKED

Jan 10, 2010
    Vacationland, Maine
    I love the theme! Those are some of my absolute favorite novels. Sorry about Jo, she was always my favorite too. [​IMG]

If it's any consolation my EE girls (who I still think are all girls at 14 weeks) got "pink" combs early but then they stopped developing. I think pink is ok, red is not.

5. dedicateddourly

dedicateddourly Chillin' With My Peeps

Jun 20, 2008
    Fallbrook, CA
    Quote:We have 3 girls that I originally wanted to name Elinor, Marianne and Margaret, so I could collectively refer to them as The Dashwoods. I also like how 'The Musgroves' sounds if I ever had a batch of 2. Husband nixed the idea even though he loves the Emma Thompson version of Sense and Sensibility AND the 6-hour Colin Firth version of Pride and Prejudice [​IMG]

6. gvntofly05

gvntofly05 Chillin' With My Peeps

Sep 21, 2009
    IN
    It's going to take a few more weeks to determine this one!

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by