Is janoel24 incubator forced-air incubator or stilled-air incubator?

OhDear

In the Brooder
5 Years
Nov 1, 2014
Hi,

I have Janeol24 incubator. I am wondering if it is Forced-air incubator or stilled-air incubator. I read some hatching notes, for chicken eggs, set 100 degree for a forced-air incubator. For still-air incubators, add 2-3 degrees F. Thus wanted to know.

Thanks,

Hi,

I have Janeol24 incubator. I am wondering if it is Forced-air incubator or stilled-air incubator. I read some hatching notes, for chicken eggs, set 100 degree for a forced-air incubator. For still-air incubators, add 2-3 degrees F. Thus wanted to know.

Thanks,
Yes, I too believe the Janeol24 is forced air. (If it has a fan it is forced-no fan = still air.) 99.5 for forced air and 101-102 for still. Good luck!

best of luck! I've only used mine once and it was with quail. I actually had a decent hatch.

I have a homemade cabinet one I generally use, but I wanted to try an incubator that rolled the eggs more like a hen. I would suggest placing it on some type of pan so when you fill the bottom with water at lockdown and it comes out the overflow holes in the side it doesn't ruin whatever you have it on.

Thank you chiques chicks for the tips!

This is my 2nd hatching experience. During the first hatching, I got 3 chicks with curved legs out of 8 silkies. Thought it might related to unstable temperature. So this time, I put more thermometers to monitor. I do read different temperatures with the same settings occasionally. I also see that egg turning not exactly even, so I manually turn them by open the cover 3 or 4 times a day. Does it cause any problem?

It shouldn't. If you ever saw what a broody does to her eggs, you would be shocked anything hatches.

We try to be perfect, but they are amazingly forgiving in many aspects.

I had an incubator hit 115 and stay at 103+ for several days. Just finishing a 50% hatch of those eggs, although there are a couple defects like crooked toes.

Thank you chiques chicks for the tips!

This is my 2nd hatching experience. During the first hatching, I got 3 chicks with curved legs out of 8 silkies. Thought it might related to unstable temperature. So this time, I put more thermometers to monitor. I do read different temperatures with the same settings occasionally. I also see that egg turning not exactly even, so I manually turn them by open the cover 3 or 4 times a day. Does it cause any problem?
Does hand turning cause problems? No. My last two hatches I hand turned (usually I use my turner) and actually had my two best hatches yet. 92% and 100%. As long as they are being turned from day one to at least day 14, and 3xs a day or more you're good. I would add washed hands and gentle turning also make a difference.

Unstable temps can cause development problems. It could also be a genetic thing if they have common parentage. I always use multiple thermometers as well. It reassures me that I have fairly accurate readings and alerts me to hot/cool spots in the bator.

Good luck!

Guys, thank you for the information, I finally got chicks hatched. Totally 9 out of how many I don't remember exactly, but I do got chicks yah! The auto tuning wasn't working for the first week,so some eggs were developed in half only, probably that's reason for half of failure. The hatched ones are nice and healthy, very very cute!

Back
Top Bottom