Is Manna Pro Coop 'N Compost or Sweet PDZ "edible"?

CaloosaBirds

Chirping
Nov 22, 2016
I use deep litter for my quail cages and it's been great all winter. However, I'm worried that come the heat and humidity of the summer, it may not be quite as dry and easy to care for. If I add either Coop 'N Compost or Sweet PDZ, I am certain my loveable idiots will eat it. Will this hurt them?

I have used Sweet PDZ for almost 10 years. It's fine for them to eat. It's also compostable and a good desiccant to dry out the poop and reduce/eliminate odor. I use it straight on my poop board and on my coop floor mixed with a little sand.

I use deep litter for my quail cages and it's been great all winter. However, I'm worried that come the heat and humidity of the summer, it may not be quite as dry and easy to care for. If I add either Coop 'N Compost or Sweet PDZ, I am certain my loveable idiots will eat it. Will this hurt them?
I believe they are the exact same thing, granulated zeolite.
The PDZ will be much less expensive if you buy the 25# or 40# bags

Never heard of this....how much is it?
And you get it at TSC?
SweetPDZ brand is about 10-12 bucks for a 25# bag
I just checked the bag, it's Espoma Naturals Sani-Care Odor Control, can't find the price but it's a 30# bag across from a 2# can of Manna Pro Coop n Compost. The price for the MP at my TSC was ~$13, and the EN was ~$22. They were out of Sweet PDZ brand when I went, sadly. I usually order it off of Amazon, but I needed it quickly.

Espoma Naturals Sani-Care Odor Control
It's zeolite and gypsum..... didn't dig further to see what the ratio of the mix is.
Is it granulated or powder?

Espoma Naturals Sani-Care Odor Control, can't find the price but it's a 30# bag across from a 2# can of Manna Pro Coop n Compost. The price for the MP at my TSC was ~$13, and the EN was ~$22.
That's more expensive than the PDZ.

Thank you, all! I will definitely be getting this. Glad to know that they are all the same but some are cheaper. I'll get the cheaper. :)

Back
Top Bottom