Is Medicated Starter Feed Being Discontinued from Being Sold Through Feed Stores?

Just checked on the Purina Start & Grow Medicated at the Carrollton and Douglasville TSC stores for you -- both the 25 lb and 50 lb bags are available on worksheet, which just means they need to be ordered via the store manager. I'm so sorry someone gave you bad info that they were discontinued. You can get either size -- just ask your store manager to order them for you.

And, the manager will get a refresh on what is and isn't affected by VFD :) Thanks for letting me know about this!
Clover,

I appreciate you following up. You've been a huge help. I will order a 50# sack via TCS's online site for in-store pick up at the Carrollton TSC, and I'll post my results on this thread. I hope I bump into the TSC store manager while I'm there. Again, you've been a bug help. Thanks!

Clover,

I appreciate you following up. You've been a huge help. I will order a 50# sack via TCS's online site for in-store pick up at the Carrollton TSC, and I'll post my results on this thread. I hope I bump into the TSC store manager while I'm there. Again, you've been a bug help. Thanks!

It will have to be ordered to the store for you by the manager -- anything on worksheet means it's not actually on shelves, either because there isn't space for it or because it's a specialty product. So just call the store or stop in and ask the manager to order it for you via worksheet.

Happy to help! Sorry about the confusion. The store apologized and said they just misunderstood.

Last edited:
It will have to be ordered to the store for you by the manager -- anything on worksheet means it's not actually on shelves, either because there isn't space for it or because it's a specialty product. So just call the store or stop in and ask the manager to order it for you via worksheet.

Happy to help! Sorry about the confusion. The store apologized and said they just misunderstood.
Hey Clover,

The wife was near the Carrollton, GA TSC this afternoon, so she stopped in to place an order for the medicated feed. I don't know what you told them, but they had a 50# sack waiting for her, and the were willing to sell her two 25# sacks for the price of a a 50 if she wanted more. They also apologized for the "misunderstanding." Anyway, it's all good. Appreciate it!

Hey Clover,

The wife was near the Carrollton, GA TSC this afternoon, so she stopped in to place an order for the medicated feed. I don't know what you told them, but they had a 50# sack waiting for her, and the were willing to sell her two 25# sacks for the price of a a 50 if she wanted more. They also apologized for the "misunderstanding." Anyway, it's all good. Appreciate it!

That's awesome! Happy they could help you out.

I went to our local TSC in east Orlando, Florida, yesterday and asked about the medicated chick feed. The clerk at the store told me they are still stocking the medicated chick feed but now it has been moved to the service desk area. Indeed, they had stacks of it for sale. yipeeee.

I went to our local TSC in east Orlando, Florida, yesterday and asked about the medicated chick feed. The clerk at the store told me they are still stocking the medicated chick feed but now it has been moved to the service desk area. Indeed, they had stacks of it for sale. yipeeee.

All medicated chick feed is still available -- NO change except to one Manna Pro product.

Not to beat a dead horse but I just left TSC and they told me they are no longer carrying Purina Medicated chick starter or any medicated chick feed. Maybe this guy was confused but there was not one bag to be found and they just stocked their store with about 200 baby chicks to sell. Yes, I spent about an hour just watching them.
droolin.gif

I went to three more smaller feed stores but no one had medicated chick starter. Guess I'll just get non-medicated and throw in a clump of sod from my yard as that seems to be the consensus around here.

Not to beat a dead horse but I just left TSC and they told me they are no longer carrying Purina Medicated chick starter or any medicated chick feed. Maybe this guy was confused but there was not one bag to be found and they just stocked their store with about 200 baby chicks to sell. Yes, I spent about an hour just watching them.
droolin.gif

I went to three more smaller feed stores but no one had medicated chick starter. Guess I'll just get non-medicated and throw in a clump of sod from my yard as that seems to be the consensus around here.

Hi, can you tell me which store, so we can reach out to their team? :) That team member is wrong, unfortunately. Medicated chick feed and starter feed is ALL still being carried at all TSC stores and other feed stores. It is not affected by the VFD changes.

It does sell out very quickly during Chick Days, however!

Hi, can you tell me which store, so we can reach out to their team? :) That team member is wrong, unfortunately. Medicated chick feed and starter feed is ALL still being carried at all TSC stores and other feed stores. It is not affected by the VFD changes.

It does sell out very quickly during Chick Days, however!
Seems to be a miscommunication with store managers. Many have outright stated that medicated feed of any kind is no longer available. Might want to work on clarifying this issue with your store managers.

Back
Top Bottom