Is Minnesota against backyard chickens???

If it doesnt make a difference I just wonder why that is brought up as a reason to ban chickens? And where would they get the info that Minnesota is against backyard chickens?
YES, I know its each individual city/town/village that makes the ordinances for people to follow, why bring the state of Minnesota even into the conversation?
Some of the other things that were mentioned were smell,noise and the fear there would be feral chickens running around all over the place.(We have a severe feral cat problem.)
Sigh. As far as lobbying for the ordinances to be changed, I WOULD if there were enough people in town that could band together. This is a VERY small town and a select few decide what is going to be allowed or not allowed. Very cliquish. I could lobby until I was blue in the face and not have it make a difference and be blacklisted as well for wanting something the "majority" (read this as town council) does not. Just bringing it up caused a stir. Even when I could refute the above "reasoning".
There are good reasons I am moving.
sad.png

Also another "just curious"question. Isnt being Chief of Police AND the animal control officer a conflict of interest? I would think so but I am not well versed in things like this.

Last edited:
I don't see how Police Chief & Animal Control Officer don't seem to be in conflict; in both cases they are enforcing laws and ordinances. Being Police Chief & Mayor could possibly be seen as a conflict, or even more so Police Chief & Justice of the Peace. In the first case blurring enforcement with legislation and the 2nd blurring enforcement with judicial.

You are probably right. I just really dislike how things are said just to say them and I have seen him use one office to get what he wants in another.
hmm.png
I am trying not to be bitter about it.

Hey I'm in MN too. Read my other post "I thought I was legal but..." I'm finding that it really boils down to a local level, even out in the country! I know Bloomington just started to allow up to 5 hens.
hu.gif

Back
Top Bottom