Is my Bantam EE a roo? Help!

Chicklover36

Hatching
5 Years
Apr 14, 2014
Ancaster, Ontario
Hi BYC
I'm new to chicks and I need a little help in determining the sex of one my 5 week old EE chicks.
I will refer to the chick as a him ( because I can't help myself), "he" is more aggressive than my other 2 chicks ( another regular EE and a silkie) he's currently living with in the brooder. His comb is red compared to the other EE and he has feathered legs. Although his feathers seem about the same as the other EE chick? About 2 weeks ago I out I put my 8 week old Layla in with them as a meet and greet ( I stood there the whole time), she was great with them but he jumped on her back twice and basically attacked her. He is also very vocal and stands straight up high a lot ( even though he's the smallest because he's a bantam) lol.
My guess is roo but I need some confirmation please. I didn't plan on a rooster!!:cd

I know the pics aren't great but he won't stay still long enough and BTW his name is Lovey!!

Last edited:
Welcome to BYC!!! I would go with your gut, I sort of new too, but my EE's still doesn't have any combs yet so you might be right. They come in so many different shapes and colors its hard to tell. Good luck.
welcome-byc.gif

Thank you for your comments!! I just knew it! We'll see how this goes with a rooster?
I guess it doesn't matter if he isn't an EE now....Won't be seeing any eggs from him!
My kids made me promise we won't eat him :yiipchick

Back
Top Bottom