Is my chick ok ? HELP

poultrykeeper08

Songster
11 Years
Feb 12, 2008
Agawam , Ma
The mother kept picking at the chicks while they were hatching . she then picked at the egg and when the chick was coming out she pickd it up by its wing and pulled it out . I dont know if she was helping it or not but i took the chick and the other hatching egg and put tem in my incubatore . Now the chick is fumbling around and keeps putting its leg over its head . Is it ok . its an OEGB cross . Please help

I've seen chicks flop around for a long time after they hatch and it's frustrating! They seem to do Ok by the time they dry-I wouldn't worry to much. Spazzy chicks!

They're just learning how to operate the new equipment!
big_smile.png

Ok feww i got a little worries . She has had a chick under her for 2 days so i duno if that made her not like the chicks hatching or she just was trying to help them

The chick is young and may just be getting it's balance, but it may also be hurt. You'll just have to watch it. Not all hens are cut out to be mothers. They will kill their own young. If this action continues do the same as you did, take them out before she can get to them. Normally the chick will emerge from under the hen without her help.

Last edited:

Back
Top Bottom