Is my chicken broody??

Jenessa_09

Songster
May 1, 2021
Molalla, Oregon
So my cream leg bar mixed with my rooster (I don’t know what breed he is) is I think starting to go broody😳😬 She is laying in the nesting boxes for a long time and puffing up and evening pecking me!! This girl is not even a year old and she has feathers everywhere!!! we just got chicks so I don’t want her going broody lol! I am going to put some photos of her feathers just from one day!! Is it possible? Because she still layes eggs daily!

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    531.2 KB · Views: 4
So my cream leg bar mixed with my rooster (I don’t know what breed he is) is I think starting to go broody😳😬 She is laying in the nesting boxes for a long time and puffing up and evening pecking me!! This girl is not even a year old and she has feathers everywhere!!! we just got chicks so I don’t want her going broody lol! I am going to put some photos of her feathers just from one day!! Is it possible? Because she still layes eggs daily!
I would guess that she is definitely broody.

Are you sure they are all her eggs and she is still laying? It's not uncommon for other birds to get on top of a broody, lay on her, and she tuck them under her.

Are you sure they are all her eggs and she is still laying? It's not uncommon for other birds to get on top of a broody, lay on her, and she tuck them under her.
Yep, I’m sure it’s her she just started laying in January and I only have five chickens so I can tell which eggs are hers and she lays daily thanks for the help!

It sounds like she is getting ready to go broody. Give her a few days, it may be that she breaks or goes full broody. If she goes full broody you can then decide if you want to give her a small number of eggs or break her.

It sounds like she is getting ready to go broody. Give her a few days, it may be that she breaks or goes full broody. If she goes full broody you can then decide if you want to give her a small number of eggs or break her.
Thanks for the advice, I will keep you guys updated! 😊

Back
Top Bottom