Is my cold contagious to my chickens?

maizy'smom

Songster
May 15, 2011
Philadelphia suburbs
Yes, I am new. Yes, I have a monster of a cold. Yes, there's more snot in my head than brains, so please, bear with me......

Am I contagious to my girls? If people can get Bird Flu, can chickens get People Colds? It may be the Day-quil talking, but I've begun to worry that I may pass this along to them.

Any clue? Thanks, and pass the tissues, please.

mm

Quote:
Thank you! Hope you feel better soon, too. This came on with a vengence Saturday, so I'm hoping that today is the worst of it, and tomorrow I'll be over the hump and starting to improve.
Be well.

mm

If they do, just make them some "people-noodle soup" and they will feel much better!
yippiechickie.gif

Quote:
I agree with Wynette: Yet, I know this; if you work in one of the local Poultry Barns (1 million eggs a day) and show up with a cold you'll be sent home in a skinny minute. If you walk in the barn with a cold: You'll be fired! So, the commerical fellows don't agree with us and their the ones making the money off this stuff.

Quote:
I agree with Wynette: Yet, I know this; if you work in one of the local Poultry Barns (1 million eggs a day) and show up with a cold you'll be sent home in a skinny minute. If you walk in the barn with a cold: You'll be fired! So, the commerical fellows don't agree with us and their the ones making the money off this stuff.

Wow. That says a lot. No more kissing chickens till I'm better, I guess. Thanks!

mm

maizy'smom :

Quote:

Wow. That says a lot. No more kissing chickens till I'm better, I guess. Thanks!

mm​

I truly think I passed a cold to my chickens once. Really. Germs can spread to animals too, I would think. Why not?
idunno.gif
I'm not scientist, but I do believe it can happen.

Back
Top Bottom