Is my Cotton Patch goose sick?

LaGeniaLoca

Songster
Apr 4, 2011
Yorba Linda, CA
I have a 4 month old Cotton Patch goose that just started acting strange. She usually stretches her wings and goes running across the lawn when let out of the pen, but now she just walks out a little ways and stands there. She seems to be walking fine, just slower than normal. She's eating and drinking, but not as much. She also seems to be depressed and just wants to sit with me. She is housed with one other female and one male. Any ideas what's wrong and what I can do for her?

They have acces to grit and plenty of grass? Are the other two paired up and fussing at her? I think it sounds like she likes you, and wants to be your special buddy. Maybe she's just not scared now. My sebbies are about the same age, and while they sometimes run and flap, I've noticed they've gotten more relaxed and just kinda of mosey by chatting at me a bit.

Geese really prefer to graze, and may not be hungrey for grains as much as when they were on bigger growth spirts. I put out grain for 4 sebbies thats lasts a couple of days. They simply prefer grass.

Thanks for responding marty1876. You're right. I think she just missed me. She was back to her usual self the next day. They were all raised inside, but I spoiled Eloise (the other 2 belong to my daughters). If I was home and just sitting around, I had her in my lap, but she would always make her way up under my chin. She still tries, if I have her in my lap! Notice the scratches on my neck....

Back
Top Bottom