Is my duck a female or a male?

Majestic Waterfowl Sanctuary is in Lebanon, CT. If that’s not too far of a drive for you, they may have a young boy now or in the future that needs a home if you want to contact them
i believe right now they only have females for adoption, but you could email them and submit an application to adopt the next male

If you hear any kind of honk it’s probably a girl for sure. It also seems to have a girly face I think
If you hear a honk definitely a girl. I read the thread and completely agr
Good morning,

I am little concerned whether my duck is a female or a male
I have 1 male muscovy and 1 male mallard
And 1 crested duck whose gender I don't know.
My crested duck is quiet almost all time but sometimes you can hear a muffled honk or quack, and even sometimes you will listen male sounds yet I'm not sure if male ducklings when growing up make the quack/honk sound while their voices change.

Also does it look like a male or female?

Thanks
read the thread and completely agree with all else that was said but before thinking about rehoming are you for sure about the sex of your mallard? He does not have a green head or the sex feather on his tail. He could have just molted so that would explain but just wanted to point that out so you don’t end up getting rid of your hen and still have a hen and add another drakes and end up with the same ratio numbers. Always hope to see someone able to keep their flock together but glad you’re ready to bring her to a new home if needed.

Hello, have your ducks grown up together? If you have 2 males and a female that have all grown up together, sometimes they are okay with being with each other as adults. At least that’s what happened with some of my ducks. I’d say give it time, if you see a lot of fighting and she’s losing some feathers on her back, yes you might have to rehome her. If it is a female, that is. Apologies if someone else has already said this, I haven’t read all the responses haha.

Hello, have your ducks grown up together? If you have 2 males and a female that have all grown up together, sometimes they are okay with being with each other as adults. At least that’s what happened with some of my ducks. I’d say give it time, if you see a lot of fighting and she’s losing some feathers on her back, yes you might have to rehome her. If it is a female, that is. Apologies if someone else has already said this, I haven’t read all the responses haha.
Hey, I have good news, I kept them all with me, and yeah they have grown up, it turns out to be that I have a female muscovy and a female crested duck, my mallard is a pretty drake and he is an overprotective boy. Look at them now!!! Hehe

Attachments

• Screenshot_20211009_225159_com.android.gallery3d.jpg
    Screenshot_20211009_225159_com.android.gallery3d.jpg
    332.9 KB · Views: 9
How they’re so gorgeous! Mallards are my favorite. They’re so beautiful. Those are some pretty ducks though haha.

Good morning,

I am little concerned whether my duck is a female or a male
I have 1 male muscovy and 1 male mallard
And 1 crested duck whose gender I don't know.
My crested duck is quiet almost all time but sometimes you can hear a muffled honk or quack, and even sometimes you will listen male sounds yet I'm not sure if male ducklings when growing up make the quack/honk sound while their voices change.

Also does it look like a male or female?

Thanks
When it comes to identifying genders you will want to first check their tail and see if there if there is a curl if there is its a male and boys have this certain type quack it sounds like this

Back
Top Bottom