Is my duck egg alive?

Can't really tell from the pic but it kinda looks like a dried blood vessel. Not major cause for concern if everything else looks ok. How does the air cell end look?

Can't really tell from the pic but it kinda looks like a dried blood vessel. Not major cause for concern if everything else looks ok. How does the air cell end look?
that all looks fine good sized air sac and there's still veins etc. I haven't seen them move though? I've got to different angles of the egg and no movement. Both of the eggs are like this so I don't know if it's normal or both have died
1f914.png

that all looks fine good sized air sac and there's still veins etc. I haven't seen them move though? I've got to different angles of the egg and no movement. Both of the eggs are like this so I don't know if it's normal or both have died
1f914.png

By now it should be almost all black. Movements get harder to see. You may still see some clear pockets inside, but by day 24-25, it should be almost completely full. Did you see movement around days 14-18?

By now it should be almost all black. Movements get harder to see. You may still see some clear pockets inside, but by day 24-25, it should be almost completely full. Did you see movement around days 14-18?
yeah one of the eggs the duckling was always moving especially if it heard my voice! The other used to move but not as much. I've heard about the float test will that help me see if they are alive? Or is it to early to do that?

Is that at the smaller end or by the air cell, if at the smaller end, I would say that he may have not made it, there's to much space in the egg. Looks like you may have a couple of issues, one your humidity is to high, or temp fluctuation or even a dirty bator. That egg should be completely full at 24, so full that you can't see hardly anything. So by seeing that spot isn't a good sign.. plus if you look around the spot you can see a lot of empty spacing, tells me he may have died early... I'll take another look but my guess is he probably didn't make it..

I wouldn't give up, just make some adjustments. Perhaps we can help.

What are your settings at like the temp, humidity, and do u have a fan in your bator??

I wouldn't give up, just make some adjustments. Perhaps we can help. They died
1f62a.png
I think it was bacteria as my others died too so I'm going to try again when my new incubator gets here but in a different room. I'll definitely be on here for help though as I really want some to hatch
1f60a.png

What are your settings at like the temp, humidity, and do u have a fan in your bator??

Back
Top Bottom