Is my duck messing with my head?

Pics

Attachments

• JltOMwYmi0VrO.gif
    JltOMwYmi0VrO.gif
    579 KB · Views: 5
I spoke too soon about my Appleyard laying for three weeks, she stopped. Like others in this post she makes a beautiful nest but nothing. This is the second time she stopped since she started in last fall. I did notice the last three eggs had thinner shells and the very last egg was 3/4 the size of prior ones. She free ranges all day then comes in at dusk or before. I can only assume she will start back when she gets ready. The max amount of eggs, I am told, is 240 a year that means a little over a 100 days she won't lay. Any comments?

They have to take breaks or their poor little bones would be completely deprecated if calcium.
I think that's what happened with Hemmie. I went ahead and moved the egg out, and she hasn't acted like she feels like laying again yet. She HAS learned a new squeak noise that produces immediate attention from me, but since she's eating, drinking, swimming, foraging, and all her other duckie things, I think she's just proud of her new chirp! It only made my heart stop a few times. :th:th:th

Back
Top Bottom