is my duck okay ?

duckgirl130

In the Brooder
Apr 22, 2022
I have a duck, shes about maybe 2 months. she just had a very weird moment. her body looked wide and flat while running around. then 10 mins later, her body was completely ruffled and stayed that way for awhile. im now seeing her neck looks alittle big and thick, is like closer to her body, if that makes sense. her wings are twitching as of now. she has water available.

Can you get pictures? @ruthhope
20220525_074116.png
20220525_074837.png

Attachments

• 20220525_074116.png
    20220525_074116.png
    417.4 KB · Views: 1
  • 20220525_074837.png
    20220525_074837.png
    366.2 KB · Views: 2
I have a duck, shes about maybe 2 months. she just had a very weird moment. her body looked wide and flat while running around. then 10 mins later, her body was completely ruffled and stayed that way for awhile. im now seeing her neck looks alittle big and thick, is like closer to her body, if that makes sense. her wings are twitching as of now. she has water available.
She may be expanding her feathers away from her body trying to cool off... Which would also possibly explain the twitching of her wings. What's your temps like? My Muscovy female does the twitching and it seems to be a way for her to cool the sides under her wings. I could be completely off but without a video, it's kind of hard to tell what might be going on. My girl also "fluffs up" and holds her head down to her chest when she feels threatened/aggravated. Her way of saying "don't mess with me." Perhaps something chased her/spooked her to explain the feathers fluffed and her posture and the wing twitching would still be her way of cooling off after whatever just happened.

*Edited to correct spelling

Has she ever done this before? Might not be anything like a seizure. How is she doing now? any other ducks with her?
she has not done it before. shes good now just occasionally like flattens her body, which im not sure what it means. also she is my only duck:/ i know its not the best for her:/
Has she ever done this before? Might not be anything like a seizure. How is she doing now? any other ducks with her?

she has not done it before. shes good now just occasionally like flattens her body, which im not sure what it means. also she is my only duck:/ i know its not the best for her:/
Hens flatten their body when as a way of flirting. From your description above it almost sounds like she's just a teenager duck finding her hormones especially if she is a lone duck she's looking to you for cues.

Back
Top Bottom