Is My Duck Scared Of Water??!!

If your wanting him to clean your pond(which = dirty water-from algae, other animals, etc...) and from experience i have from the 7-9 different breeds of ducks i raise i can tell you ducks don't like dirty water...........they use the water to bathe in, drink, ours won't bath if they don't have clean source of water, which isn't good for a duck. I'm no expert just sharing what i've learned from experience.......also you only mentioned 1 duck, ducks do well as a single they need to be in pairs atleast

1. Do NOT throw him in. You are just scaring him more.

2. Ducks do not clean out ponds very well. Are you hoping for him to eat aquatic matter?

3.. Not all ducks enjoy water. It's perfectly normal for him to not want to go swimming.
My duck were rescues and for the first year or so of their life they had a cut of two litre for water ,I gave them a kids swimming pool for play and bathing nothing ,I got them a female that was raised with water and loves it ,she will go in but others won't they makes all the motions of bathing but to the air, I guess it depends how they are raised

Back
Top Bottom