Is my duck sick?

Can your bring him in your house to keep an eye on? If he's not sleeping in a protected area, he is in serious danger of a predator attack. For now, a large dog crate will work to keep him inside, but some kind of pen would be even better.
Place him in the crate or pen with fresh drinking water and moistened food. He will get hungry and have no choice but to eat that. Line the area with towels so you can easily see his poop.

I know but if you are seeing watery poop today it's probably because he hasn't had any thing of substance to eat and water melon is just like drinking water. Hopefully he'll start getting interested in the food soon.

You need to put him somewhere were he has that food as his only option. He's not eating it because things like dog food, watermelon, and other unhealthy food are available. They taste better. Its kinda like telling a kid to eat broccoli, and then offering butter pasta when he doesn't eat it lol. 😜
Hopefully we can get him on the road to recovery soon! You obviously care a lot about him, other poultry owners would likely just right it off as old age, and act like it wasn't their problem.

You need to put him somewhere were he has that food as his only option. He's not eating it because things like dog food, watermelon, and other unhealthy food are available. They taste better. Its kinda like telling a kid to eat broccoli, and then offering butter pasta when he doesn't eat it lol. 😜
Hopefully we can get him on the road to recovery soon! You obviously care a lot about him, other poultry owners would likely just right it off as old age, and act like it wasn't their problem.
he no longer can eat dog food i will continue to give him the chicken food till it works but if he doesn't like it then i think he is going to eat every leaf he can reach

I know but if you are seeing watery poop today it's probably because he hasn't had any thing of substance to eat and water melon is just like drinking water. Hopefully he'll start getting interested in the food soon.
good news (i think) i went out tonight and there was a bunch of the wet feed on the ground all around the bowl and in the water bowl right next to it.

so either
a he's eating :)
b some animal made the food go flying and some went in the water
or he walked all around in it

Back
Top Bottom