Is my duck sick?

Can you feed your dog where the ducks can't get to the food? If I left dog food out my ducks would only eat dog food they love it. Especially my Muscovy. Then again my dogs would eat duck chicken feed if they got the chance. :rolleyes:

Might be able to find kiddy pools on sale now since most summer stuff is on sale.
ok so i was going to check if he was underweight using that link. but he wasn't in his bush in fact i couldn't find him after i took the first set of images i guess he didn't like i found his hiding spot and found a new one.

it wasn't till this morning i saw him standing on top of some rocks i have next to my pool. somehow and i have no idea how but he managed to get in my pool area anyway he is currently in there still and now lives in some bushes that are next to my pool so i went out and threw him a cup of dry feed but i don't notice any missing. for water i mean he has the pool but im not totally sure if he should be drinking it but there is a hose that is leaking if he needs some. im a bit worried if he's not eating or drinking ill try and make some of that wet feed.

so like how much water/apple cider vinegar

edit:
his breast does seem to bend in in the center which i guess is good according to the rating scale

Maybe if you put the feed and water in actual bowls? To a cup of feed I'd put half a tablespoon of ACV in warm water. Tossing feed out on the ground and he doesn't eat it will draw predators and can mold. Then if he did decide to eat some moldy food is a killer.

Maybe if you put the feed and water in actual bowls? To a cup of feed I'd put half a tablespoon of ACV in warm water. Tossing feed out on the ground and he doesn't eat it will draw predators and can mold. Then if he did decide to eat some moldy food is a killer.
i put a cup of feed in a pot put half a table spood and then put some warm water and put in a bowl along with a bowl of water but its been like 5 hours and i can see he didn't eat

update: made a new serving of the feed this morning he could careless about it just like yesterday but i did put out 2 slices of water melon and he did eat it. not attack it and eat like there is no tomorrow but he did slowly peck at it till it was all gone.

he also wasn't in his bush this morning instead sleeping by the pool and sometimes taking a few sips but now i can't seem to find him. i will have to wait for later today or tomorrow morning when he reveals him self

edit: he just did and is now swimming in my pool

Last edited:
It may take him a while to try the feed don't give up on him. I assume your ducks are pets? and just like all other pets we have, they need the right nourishment to thrive and have long lives. So I hope you'll really try with your drake and any other ducks you have especially since we're going to be heading into winter one of these days and I don't know where you are but here in the Mountains of NC there sure isn't much foraging.

It may take him a while to try the feed don't give up on him. I assume your ducks are pets? and just like all other pets we have, they need the right nourishment to thrive and have long lives. So I hope you'll really try with your drake and any other ducks you have especially since we're going to be heading into winter one of these days and I don't know where you are but here in the Mountains of NC there sure isn't much foraging.
in California it never gets very cold but sometimes it can but thats probably because we are all wimpy when it comes to cold.

i will try and get him to eat and ill have to put out a little bit of water melon so he at least does eat.

his poop this morning was completely liquid. by lunch when it was dry you could barely even tell he has pooped there

Back
Top Bottom