Is my goat pregnant? She's having lots of discharge & she has milk

fisher01008

Chirping
11 Years
Apr 24, 2011
I'm wanting to know if she's definitely pregnant & when she might be due? I've never seen her so sucked in by her hips. She's having lots of discharge & she has milk

Attachments

• IMG_20220523_112159516_BURST001.jpg
    IMG_20220523_112159516_BURST001.jpg
    402.1 KB · Views: 20
  • IMG_20220523_112153181_BURST000_COVER_TOP.jpg
    IMG_20220523_112153181_BURST000_COVER_TOP.jpg
    414.1 KB · Views: 4
Last edited:
Any idea when she would have been bred? She looks pregnant.
I thought so. She was stolen & I just got her back a few days ago. It took me around a year to find out where she was & get a court order to get her back. I have no idea when she would have been bred. I only know she was with a male. When do you think she might be due? She's been having lots of discharge. Is that a sign of labor? Thank you!

I thought so. She was stolen & I just got her back a few days ago. It took me around a year to find out where she was & get a court order to get her back. I have no idea when she would have been bred. I only know she was with a male. When do you think she might be due? She's been having lots of discharge. Is that a sign of labor? Thank you!
I'm glad you got her back.
All I know about goats (which is little) was taught to me by an elderly Iranian lady with a semi-loose grasp of English, and I think when she bags up and and starts to discharge, it will be a week or so but every goat is different. At the the bottom of the page, you
ll see a link to backyardherds.com, it's a sister site, they're better to ask. :)

I'm glad you got her back.
All I know about goats (which is little) was taught to me by an elderly Iranian lady with a semi-loose grasp of English, and I think when she bags up and and starts to discharge, it will be a week or so but every goat is different. At the the bottom of the page, you
ll see a link to backyardherds.com, it's a sister site, they're better to ask. :)
Thank you very much. I'll try to find backyard herds

The discharge that is a sign of impending labor is a string. It becomes more copious as labor progresses. Your goat does not look pregnant to me, but I have been fooled before. Her vulva is not puffy for one thing. What does her rear udder where it joins the body look like? The udder will start to fill there. Stand behind the doe and clasp your hands together just in front of the udder. Now push up sharply. If she is fairly far along you will be able to feel the kids as they come back down.

There's milk in it. She's not wanting me to touch her stomach. I guess I don't know why else she'd have milk?

The discharge that is a sign of impending labor is a string. It becomes more copious as labor progresses. Your goat does not look pregnant to me, but I have been fooled before. Her vulva is not puffy for one thing. What does her rear udder where it joins the body look like? The udder will start to fill there. Stand behind the doe and clasp your hands together just in front of the udder. Now push up sharply. If she is fairly far along you will be able to feel the kids as they come back down.
Do you know why she'd have milk if she's not pregnant? Thank you

Back
Top Bottom