Is my guinnea pig pregnant?!!?! Help

Emmakeoghoreilly13

In the Brooder
Sep 20, 2017
IMG_7959.JPG

I really don't know anything about guinea pigs, but I'll try to get the basic questions and conversation started while we wait for someone more experienced to come along and help. Why do you think she's pregnant? Is it just her weight, or has she been acting differently? That's really all I can think of, hopefully someone else more experienced will come along soon.

Hi there,

From just that picture alone, it doesn't appear likely unless you know she has been exposed to male guinea pigs (for even 30 seconds!) within the last month. GPs tend to have a "pear" shape to them naturally, preggo or not - it only intensifies when there are pups in there. Underbelly pics are more important to check out, and just know that GP gestation is about 67 days, so you will start to slowly see more signs if she in fact is pregnant.

Hi there,

From just that picture alone, it doesn't appear likely unless you know she has been exposed to male guinea pigs (for even 30 seconds!) within the last month. GPs tend to have a "pear" shape to them naturally, preggo or not - it only intensifies when there are pups in there. Underbelly pics are more important to check out, and just know that GP gestation is about 67 days, so you will start to slowly see more signs if she in fact is pregnant.
She has started biting me and eating more I don't know

Hi there,

Also I can feel movement

Please keep her separated from the boar...she can become pregnant again, right after giving birth...also, it can be hazardous for an 'older' female - over 8 months old, to have her first litter of bubs, as the pelvic bones fuse together after this age...making natural birth extremely difficult...also, it is important to separate the sexes of the bubs, as soon as 4 weeks of age, as female guinea pigs become sexually mature at this age...hope all goes well and you post pics of the bubs.

Please keep her separated from the boar...she can become pregnant again, right after giving birth...also, it can be hazardous for an 'older' female - over 8 months old, to have her first litter of bubs, as the pelvic bones fuse together after this age...making natural birth extremely difficult...also, it is important to separate the sexes of the bubs, as soon as 4 weeks of age, as female guinea pigs become sexually mature at this age...hope all goes well and you post pics of the bubs.
I will and she's separated already

Back
Top Bottom