is my hen a rooster?

davidk26

Hatching
Jan 21, 2022
i have a rooster in my flock. he is a large orpington with spurs and waddles and crows and everything. we also have a hen, large comb, large waddles, visibly larger than other hens, deep voice, but no spurs and doesnt crow. is it possible it is another rooster? it acts like one all the time.

I have a hen like that too. I think mine is the result of her being the leader of the flock for some time before I got an actual rooster. Mind posting a few pics and we can see if we can help?

i have a rooster in my flock. he is a large orpington with spurs and waddles and crows and everything. we also have a hen, large comb, large waddles, visibly larger than other hens, deep voice, but no spurs and doesnt crow. is it possible it is another rooster? it acts like one all the time.
Pics would help

Possible. Do you have any photos?

Same had what I thought was a hen magically transform into a Roo as we sold off the other roos. Will he take over the flock now that the others are gone?

Back
Top Bottom