Is my leghorn a rooster?

Pixlitol

Hatching
Dec 14, 2020
20201216_055529.jpg
My leghorn is about 3-4 months old. She was sold to me as a hen and I'm not so sure if she is one. I've noticed that she's been making half - crows in the morning. Could any of you guys tell me if she's a rooster or a hen? Thanks in advance.

I see a very handsome rooster there! If you got him as a chick, hatcheries only have and claim a 90 percent sexing accuracy, so there is a 10 percent chance you will get a boy. Nobody's fault.

Welcome to BYC, Pixlitol!
Hey, thanks for the answer. I also have another question. I'm not allowed roosters as I live in a suburb, any idea what I can do with him? Can I take it back to where I got him?

Hey, thanks for the answer. I also have another question. I'm not allowed roosters as I live in a suburb, any idea what I can do with him? Can I take it back to where I got him?
That depends. Where did you get him from? Is he your only rooster? How many chickens did you get total from that place? Are you okay with him being given away for meat?

Some hatcheries will give you a refund if you got more than 10 percent roosters, though I have never tried that.

If you want to rehome him, try craigslist or Facebook or the BYC "buy, sell, trade" forums.

You could also offer him for meat to a refugee camp or something similar.

So, best of luck in whatever you do.

That depends. Where did you get him from? Is he your only rooster? How many chickens did you get total from that place? Are you okay with him being given away for meat?

Some hatcheries will give you a refund if you got more than 10 percent roosters, though I have never tried that.

If you want to rehome him, try craigslist or Facebook or the BYC "buy, sell, trade" forums.

You could also offer him for meat to a refugee camp or something similar.

So, best of luck in whatever you do.
x2 you could also try your state thread.

Back
Top Bottom