Is my mini Juliana pig pregnant ?? Please help !! :-)

Discussion in 'New Member Introductions' started by aprilbh05, Sep 10, 2014.

1. aprilbh05

aprilbh05 New Egg

Hi everyone , I'm new on this site !! I got a female mini Juliana pig about 5 or 6 months ago !! Which I also own a male mini Pot-Bellied Pig !! And she is around 2 1/2 yrs. old now !! She has been with our male since we got her & he would try to breed her !! And she would just drag him around our pen they where in !! And I didn't think he could get her pregnant , because he is a little bit bigger than she is !! She weighed around 15 lbs. & he weighed around like 20 lbs. !! And now she has a Pot-Bellied look to her & her tests are starting to fill out more & are longer !! And her belly drags the ground most of the time !! And her private parts in the back are swelled & doesn't look like it did b4 !! Please help !! :) And if she is pregnant , how far along & how much more time does she have left ?? Also the male is now separated from her since I noticed all this !! I will try to post pics of her on here !![​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

2. aprilbh05

aprilbh05 New Egg

The first pics are of her back end !! And the middle ones are of her now !! And the last ones are what she looked like about 2 months ago !!

3. gander007

gander007 Chicken Obsessed

Alright [​IMG] great to have you joining the BYC flock [​IMG]

BYC has a very useful learning center [​IMG]

It has been over 40 seance I had pig's but I would say you are going to have piglets in with in the next 4 weeks so give her some good feed and high protein feed would be great for the little one's ...... [​IMG]

4. aprilbh05

aprilbh05 New Egg

Thanks a bunch !! I was thinking that too !! I've been reading a lot about pregnant mini pigs on the internet !! And she has most of the signs of a pregnant mini pig !! :) I'm excited !! It will be her 1st litter of babies & also my 1st litter also !!

5. Mountain Peeps

Mountain Peeps Change is inevitable, like the seasons Premium Member

Apr 23, 2014
    At our lodge
    My Coop
  6. gander007

gander007 Chicken Obsessed

Well get you camera and take some pictures and share with us your new additions [​IMG]

7. aprilbh05

aprilbh05 New Egg

I sure will !! I'll take a bunch of pics !!

8. drumstick diva

drumstick diva Still crazy after all these years. Premium Member

Aug 26, 2009
    Out to pasture
    Sorry I don't know anything about pigs but, congratulations -

9. Kelsie2290

Kelsie2290 True BYC Addict Premium Member

Feb 18, 2011
    Ohio
    Hello :frow and Welcome To BYC! Good luck with your pig!

10. BantamLover21

BantamLover21 Overrun With Chickens

Jul 24, 2013
    [​IMG] Glad you joined us!

Good luck with your pig!

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by