Is my "Ninja" a Bantam Brahma hybrid?

Hudsonsgirl

Chirping
Jun 29, 2023
East Tennessee
This is my sweet "Ninja". I thought it was a rooster because of the comb and beard. BUT it seems to have a hen tail. I got it from Tractor Supply and I think the tag said Bantam or Brahma.. ?? I can't remember. It would be so helpful to know because I have two female RIR and someone started laying eggs... So I'm feeding layer feed to them and not sure if Ninja should be getting the layer feed too.
The eggs I have found are small brown eggs actually in the chicken coop. In the run where my ducks are I have found large white eggs with a pointy end. I believe that is from my female Peking duck.
IMG_20230808_170002510_HDR~2.jpg

This is my sweet "Ninja". I thought it was a rooster because of the comb and beard. BUT it seems to have a hen tail. I got it from Tractor Supply and I think the tag said Bantam or Brahma.. ?? I can't remember. It would be so helpful to know because I have two female RIR and someone started laying eggs... So I'm feeding layer feed to them and not sure if Ninja should be getting the layer feed too.
The eggs I have found are small brown eggs actually in the chicken coop. In the run where my ducks are I have found large white eggs with a pointy end. I believe that is from my female Peking duck.
View attachment 3603745
Looks like a pullet but I don't know what red breed has white earlobes.

https://www.backyardchickens.com/threads/chicken-with-white-earlobes-help-pics.310702/

This page seems to suggest that RSLs can have white earlobes if there is Leghorn in the mix.

Your girl doesn't really need to be on layer till you get the first egg, but if they are the same age and others are already laying, it's probably fine. In a mixed flock, you should be offering all flock + oyster shells on the side. You didn't mention any roosters I don't think, but we switched to all flock when we got ducks, so technically we do not use a layer feed at all.

She’s a pullet, and looks like a New Hampshire except for the white earlobes.

ETA: I think Starlight Green Egger! If so, you should see some green eggs.

https://www.backyardchickens.com/threads/chicken-with-white-earlobes-help-pics.310702/

This page seems to suggest that RSLs can have white earlobes if there is Leghorn in the mix.

Your girl doesn't really need to be on layer till you get the first egg, but if they are the same age and others are already laying, it's probably fine. In a mixed flock, you should be offering all flock + oyster shells on the side. You didn't mention any roosters I don't think, but we switched to all flock when we got ducks, so technically we do not use a layer feed at all.
I have Red Sexlinks with Leghorn in the mix. They have red and white feathers with red earlobes. I was wondering the breed because I've never seen this breed before. Reminds me of a Sussex.

She’s a pullet, and looks like a New Hampshire except for the white earlobes.

ETA: I think Starlight Green Egger! If so, you should see some green eggs.
The body looks like my red bird I suspect is an SGE, but mine does not have white earlobes. Again, these things are a bit of the wildcard, so yes, I'd say that's also a distinct possibility. You'll see what color she lays soon!

I have two roosters same age as the girls.

Back
Top Bottom