Is my "Ninja" a Bantam Brahma hybrid?

Are the cockerels also separate from the pullets / layers?

Chicks / pullets, laying hens, cockerels / roosters, and other poultry are each categories that if combined, could simply take the same all flock feed. I'm just trying to help make your life easier.
So the hens, pullet and the two roosters are housed together. The ducks.used to be together with them...BUT my drake tried to mate with his lady duck and his penis won't go back in. The chickens were pecking it. 😯😳 And the vet said it won't go back in so it will probably fall off in time. So, thus we separated them. Right now the ducks are.staying in the chicken park til we finish building the duck addition. I let them out of the park everyday to forage around together and then the chickens get to go in the park to runaround until bedtime.

So the hens, pullet and the two roosters are housed together. The ducks.used to be together with them...BUT my drake tried to mate with his lady duck and his penis won't go back in. The chickens were pecking it. 😯😳 And the vet said it won't go back in so it will probably fall off in time. So, thus we separated them. Right now the ducks are.staying in the chicken park til we finish building the duck addition. I let them out of the park everyday to forage around together and then the chickens get to go in the park to runaround until bedtime.
Oh wow. Okay so yeah the pullets, hens, and cockerels/roosters should all be on all flock, with oyster shells on the side. The pullets will only take what they need of the oyster shell as they come into lay, the hens would consume more of it, and the roosters would likely ignore it. It's not good for males longterm to be on layer feed.

Ducks. Ha, they are funny. Most advice would say NOT to put drakes together with chickens, not for the reason you stated, but because a drake can kill a chicken with his penis, since chickens are not built the same internally as a female duck.

So... Either way, they don't have to be, but your ducks can also be on all flock with oyster shell on the side. My ducks eat it like candy. The drake will not eat the oyster shell, but then anyway you are only buying one feed, rather than separate duck feed just for them. Makes life easier

Oh wow. Okay so yeah the pullets, hens, and cockerels/roosters should all be on all flock, with oyster shells on the side. The pullets will only take what they need of the oyster shell as they come into lay, the hens would consume more of it, and the roosters would likely ignore it. It's not good for males longterm to be on layer feed.

Ducks. Ha, they are funny. Most advice would say NOT to put drakes together with chickens, not for the reason you stated, but because a drake can kill a chicken with his penis, since chickens are not built the same internally as a female duck.

So... Either way, they don't have to be, but your ducks can also be on all flock with oyster shell on the side. My ducks eat it like candy. The drake will not eat the oyster shell, but then anyway you are only buying one feed, rather than separate duck feed just for them. Makes life easier
That sounds easier for sure... But for now since I just bought a 50 pound bag of it. I only give the layer feed to the females in the flock. The roos stay in their pen with thier own "treats" like cucumber bits, or yesterday -watermelon. The layer feed says it has oyster shell. I also feed crushed eggshell once a week.

I should also insert here that we have four ducklings in the brooder now too. Here's my breakdown of food. The ducklings get the purina duck food, since it is for all duck ages. The adult female duck gets a mix of cracked corn and duck pellets in the morning. In the evening she and the female chickens get the layer pellets as a snack before bed.

The male duck just gets cracked corn and then regular duck pellets in the evening. The male roos get cracked corn in the morning and a treat in the evening. Actually everyone gets extra treats most days. It's alot of splitting up to give everyone what they need...but I don't work so I can accomodate them. BUT, I will be considering buying all flock feed after this layer and duck feed is gone. By then the small ducklings who are 2 and 3 weeks old will be able to switch to the all flock feed. yes?

It may be a cinnoman queen. They are not *SUPPOSED to have white earlobes but one of mine does. Only reason I think cinnoman queen is because mine have the same brown on the tail feathers.

Back
Top Bottom