Is my pekin duckling okay? black feathers on head

That's true, but when Muscovies are younger they're bill color means almost nothing, as they get about juvenile age they have their beak color which can be a light pink, pale red, black etc.
That is true, I just mean at this age very few pekins have that beak color. But some muscovies do.

The whole thing is making me dizzy. It is like arguing whether a tomato is a fruit or a vegetable. Is it blonde or blond? :D
All I know, is that three hatcheries have told me that I do have Pekin, and that this year a lot of ducklings have been purchased from different feed stores labeled as Pekin looking just like mine.
I'm not sure what to do, other than I will have to wait and see. If these turn out to be Muscovie, they are either being rehomed or everyone will be butchered.

The whole thing is making me dizzy. It is like arguing whether a tomato is a fruit or a vegetable. Is it blonde or blond?
big_smile.png

All I know, is that three hatcheries have told me that I do have Pekin, and that this year a lot of ducklings have been purchased from different feed stores labeled as Pekin looking just like mine.
I'm not sure what to do, other than I will have to wait and see. If these turn out to be Muscovie, they are either being rehomed or everyone will be butchered.
Haha! Anything is possible, keep us posted as they grow. Will be interesting to see what they look like!

Do you have a photo of them from the front (showing the bill better).

Back
Top Bottom