Is my roo, Bones, depressed?

Was this a full grown rooster or a cockerel? I would be getting a necropsy ASAP if available in your area, as it could be something that is present in all of your flock and not presenting symptoms yet in the rest. Check your husbandry, poops, and flock over throughly. Many chicken illnesses are highly contagious. And no offense, but I really don’t think there is anything funny about losing a bird ever, to a predator or illness, and regardless of weather the bird was destined for food, re-homing, or going to be a full permanent member of your flock. Just to everyone making light and brushing off the situation.
He was still a cockrel so we only had him for about five months. And sorry if I came off as tacky by saying that I thought about it I just didn't want everyone to feel bad about it.

^^^

Sorry, it’s just some of the comments really came off quite callous, and I am overly blunt myself. Even though the two boys are dead, the source of the death still bears investigation, for the health of the remaining flock at least.
Ye I didn't mean for it to be maybe I come off as callous but I really try not to be. Just to clear up any confusion though

If he was eating but also very skinny maybe he and the other one had worms?
He could've, we had an old rooster that had worms but he didn't act alot like that. I think maybe it's because he was young and was a bit stronger than the older one and why he was so we when I found him? I'm not sure though but he was pretty skinny

Yes, I agree with that, and as I earlier suggested, I think the two boys must have died with some connection to each other or it is just too much of a coincidence.
Maybe, I doubt it though because it was pretty cold and he had s trouble getting into the coop sometimes for the night and it is quite cold where I live but I could be wrong

Back
Top Bottom