Is my roo "getting the JOB" done??? (PIC'S ADDED)

Quote:
great advice!! thanks for your post. I figured i would incubate them anyway since i have no intrest in eating my silkie's eggs at the moment. I have nothing to lose really. I have the room in the bator so all i can do is hope for a chick to hatch. I figured it would be better to hope for a healthy chick to hatch from her first clutch of eggs rather than to throw it in the garbage.

i read somewhere that you can store the eggs in a cool place for p to 3 weeks before putting them in the incubator.....
but i think there was more to it... like turning them??
i'm in the same boat right now... just found my leghorns nest.. didn't even know she was laying yet.. and i'm now debating what to do with the eggs... lol.. don't think i want to eat them since i'm not posative which ones were lay on which day..
she doesn't seem interested in setting them... i put a few in with my banties to see if they'll set them... i don't have an incubator yet....

good luck with it....

Quote:
thanks!! im looking forward to my hatch!! Due to a mis-labeled LG Automatic egg turner at my local farm store....i got the turner for just $5.00 bucks!!!
ya.gif
So im excited about not doing so much work this time around lol.

I got my first egg today from my small flock of Serama hybrids. I was picking up poop in the pen when I spotted what I thought was one of the dummy eggs next to the nest box. Dern hens, I thought, knocking one of the dummy eggs out! But when I picked it up I immediately realized it was a real egg.

Three of my hens are just shy of five months old, with the fourth one two weeks older. I'd suspect that the oldest hen is the one who laid this egg, except the largest of the younger three hens is the one I always see mating with the rooster first thing every morning. Is there any way to tell (short of spotting them in the nestbox) which hen is laying?

Back
Top Bottom