Is my roo sad?

Silkie Princess

Crossing the Road
Jun 24, 2021
Slovakia, Europe
My Coop
My Coop
Hi! Please help me! My cockrell Elvis has been quite sad lately and hes been sitting on my kitchen window every day.
A bit about Elvis:
- He is a chick I hatched in an incubator and he was hand raised
- He has vaulted scull
- He was the boldest of all my silkies
- He once fell into a swimming pool and I rescued him and wraped him in a towel then put him on a heating pad. He did not move for a while. He started twitching after 15 minutes
- After this accident he is very unsocial and keeps a distance from his flock
- He went crazy every time a chicken pecked him or I touched him
- He made friends with one of the other silkies Georgie♥️
- A few days ago Georgie died a terrible deaf
- From that day he has been sitting on the kitchen window staring at me all day with sad eyes
- He let a family member (age 5) pet him and he fell asleep! But he always goes crazy if I even get near him

Please what should I do? Is he sad? Should I get him a friend? (Also he goes inside if I let him)
Thanks!

Attachments

• IMG_20211003_174752.jpg
    IMG_20211003_174752.jpg
    411.6 KB · Views: 18
  • IMG_20211003_174915.jpg
    IMG_20211003_174915.jpg
    309.3 KB · Views: 3
Hi! Please help me! My cockrell Elvis has been quite sad lately and hes been sitting on my kitchen window every day.
A bit about Elvis:
- He is a chick I hatched in an incubator and he was hand raised
- He has vaulted scull
- He was the boldest of all my silkies
- He once fell into a swimming pool and I rescued him and wraped him in a towel then put him on a heating pad. He did not move for a while. He started twitching after 15 minutes
- After this accident he is very unsocial and keeps a distance from his flock
- He went crazy every time a chicken pecked him or I touched him
- He made friends with one of the other silkies Georgie♥️
- A few days ago Georgie died a terrible deaf
- From that day he has been sitting on the kitchen window staring at me all day with sad eyes
- He let a family member (age 5) pet him and he fell asleep! But he always goes crazy if I even get near him

Please what should I do? Is he sad? Should I get him a friend? (Also he goes inside if I let him)
Thanks!
Try getting him a silkie hen or another silkie roo that looks like Georgie

Try her and keep us updated how he reacts if it's negative I'll see what I can do...
Okay Ill maybe try. She is not mine shes my cousins. I will think obout this then if I decide to buy her then I will need to quarantine🙄 Also the reason why I think she would sell them is because she already has far too many chickens for the amount of space and she told me she is thinking about culling😬

Back
Top Bottom