Is my Ruth a Ruthster?

SweetgumRanchChick

In the Brooder
Nov 29, 2021
Hello, newbie chicken mom here. I have two 6 week old Cochins. They were both supposed to be females, yet they're looking AND acting quite different from each other. Is it still too young to tell if our little Ruth is a Ruthster? Ruth is the one with shorter tail feathers and darker comb. Also, her/his feathers grew in at a slower rate. (We included Rebecca in the photos for comparison)

Thank you!!!!

Attachments

• IMG_4830.jpeg
    IMG_4830.jpeg
    470 KB · Views: 6
  • IMG_4798.jpeg
    IMG_4798.jpeg
    484.5 KB · Views: 2
  • IMG_4831.jpeg
    IMG_4831.jpeg
    375.2 KB · Views: 2
  • IMG_4807.jpeg
    IMG_4807.jpeg
    362 KB · Views: 2
  • IMG_4816.jpeg
    IMG_4816.jpeg
    400.7 KB · Views: 2
Hello, newbie chicken mom here. I have two 6 week old Cochins. They were both supposed to be females, yet they're looking AND acting quite different from each other. Is it still too young to tell if our little Ruth is a Ruthster? Ruth is the one with shorter tail feathers and darker comb. Also, her/his feathers grew in at a slower rate. (We included Rebecca in the photos for comparison)

Thank you!!!!
One Cockerel (Immature Rooster).

Thank you!!!!
They are stunning! I have always liked the partridge color!

Back
Top Bottom