Is my Salmon Faverolle a Rooster?

Haruka

In the Brooder
7 Years
Jun 30, 2012
Chula Vista, CA
I need help identifying if my Faverolle is a rooster or a hen. Chocobo is about 6-7 weeks old and is my favorite chicken to feed! This is my first time owning chickens and I need help, please!!!
bow.gif

Yup, definite pullet. As farmerChef said, the boys feather out differently.

Rooster left, hen right.

Female. My SF female had a red comb at 4 weeks. Here she is at 5 weeks. She's absolutely a beauty!
600262c2-9b4a-daee.jpg

And again around 14 weeks, in back
600262c2-9b95-21bf.jpg

I guess I have been in denial up to this point, but I am starting to come around on this "girl" not being a girl... we are around 4 months now with this group, and I kept thinking that "she" might just be a color variant (blue or blue-salmon), but I can't really find any pictures of these supposed variants. My guess is that chances are much better that I have a roo... what do y'all think?

Thought I'd throw one more in, just in case there is any doubt... again, "she" is about 4 months old... please ignore the ugly wood pile/tarp :) The girls like to sneak in there and eat the bugs!

Last edited:
Jmufly, yours are boys, no doubt. A blue female would be solid blue (light grey), a blue salmon female would be mostly light brown (salmon) with light blue tail.

Dang. That's what I was afraid of. There's just the one, in a flock of 8 total. I'm not sure how that will fly in our suburb (we have about half an acre)... we've always said we would eat any roos, but I'm kinda attached to the little guy. I am at least a little curious to see if he will be friendly... hmmm...

Back
Top Bottom