Is my silkie dying young? Help me! What do I do?

ShelbyCoral

Songster
6 Years
Okay, I need answers like right now! Before she does die!

She cant walk and when she can manage to find strength and walks like a sloth. she is very weak due to her not eating or drinking. Her right wing cannot move (like it was jammed) and I cannot move it either. Her left leg seems to be soar to. Im thinking maybe my goat stepped on her? I don't know, she has been like this for 2 weeks. The only thing getting worse is the fact that she wont eat anything. She isnt pooping. Please help me!

Does she drink? Maybe you can make her some simple mash (just some layer feed crumbles soaked in warm water. That's what I do). I really don't know, how old Is she? Could she be egg bound? I'm really sorry about your hen, she's a cutie! Hope someone else has a true diagnosis.

She has never layed an egg, She wont drink water at all. Im going to give her some vitamin C and a nice relaxing warm bath. I just had another silkie egg bound and those two things BOUNCED her rigth up! Right now, the silkie is next to me purring... She hasnt spoke in 2 weeks! this is so confusing!

Could she possibly be an internal layer? I've never had an issue with this, so I don't know anything about it, but try doing a search here and see if it matches her issues.

For now, I would keep her warm, and try to force-feed her some egg yolk and sugar water.

My frizzle has some what of the same problem, she can't walk and we she does she can only back up, then fall down on her face and sleep, tried to give her some olive oil and it helped, try and force some down her throat with an eye dropper,it should help her immune system if she has caught anything

Back
Top Bottom