Is my baby chick dieing or just lazy and sleepy

Abdallah-_-

Hatching
Apr 20, 2024
Hello guys, so yesterday i got a baby chicken where she was doing just fine and eating and drinking and everything then my little brother acciedntally put water all over her which made her wet and i didnt know what to do then today when i woke up i went to see if she was dead but she was still alive but it couldnt walk, so i tried helping her where i used a hair drier to make her dry and it worked and she was able to walk and again and was running towards me and etc, then i puted her in the sun for like 3 hours where she was doing fine but i didnt see her eating or drinking on her own until i made her eat. Now the day has ended and its night, i kept looking at her and i didnt see her eat or drink alone and she felt sleepy and tired and it coudlnt walk on her feet just laying down closing her eyes often and squeaking loudly but then i think she was tired of squeaking and its still laying down till now without moving, i tried feeding her but she wont eat and wont drink, idk if its because of temprature or something else but Im really trying to do anything to help her, also i dont know how much is her age. So please help me and tell me what i can do, im recently making her drink water with sugar to give her energy

This is her right now

Attachments

• 20240420_222440.jpg
    20240420_222440.jpg
    378.5 KB · Views: 3
It would be best to get her proper heat, & some buddies. Chickens are social flock animals, & thrive best with friends around. Chicks can die of loneliness.

It would be best to get her proper heat, & some buddies. Chickens are social flock animals, & thrive best with friends around. Chicks can die of loneliness.
Ye im forward into getting her some friends tomorrow and i checked out the temperature of the room it was 75.7 fahrenheit which is bad but i can do nothing right now trying my best to keep her warm

Ye im forward into getting her some friends tomorrow and i checked out the temperature of the room it was 75.7 fahrenheit which is bad but i can do nothing right now trying my best to keep her warm
Do you have a heating pad you could use temporarily until you can get a heat plate, or lamp?

I use a heating plate since they're power saving, & not a fire hazard.

Sadly i dont have one 😥 i wish it could survive a little bit more till i can get her what she wants
Do you have a heating pad you could use temporarily until you can get a heat plate, or lamp?

I use a heating plate since they're power saving, & not a fire hazard.

He is actually becoming better, his breathing is back normal also he stopped sneezing and he has fallen asleep for about 1hour straight and i was checking on his breathing and everything was fine, ill see what happens next also i got a question, if he is pooping does that mean he is eating oftenly? Cuz he pooped like 10 times today hehe

Back
Top Bottom