Is my silkie dying young? Help me! What do I do?

Have you checked for any crop issues,such as an impact? If she was egg bound there would be no poop or watery poop,as egg binding interferes with the ability to poop.

It is possible she has had an injury,and pain might be the reason she is not eating. Explain wing is stiff and you cannot move it. Do you mean wing will not move? could be a fracture,what is wrong with her leg?

Keep her warm,keep her inside,try and get fluids into her.

Since you have had one confirmed case of Mareks in your chicken that died recently, it's possible that this one is showing symptoms too. I hope it's not that, but it's good to give more information when asking for help.

Since you have had one confirmed case of Mareks in your chicken that died recently, it's possible that this one is showing symptoms too. I hope it's not that, but it's good to give more information when asking for help.
X2,Marek's information should have been included in op's post.

but with mereks the condition doesnt stop half way, doesnt it? She feels allot of pain in her legs when i move it to the side. Her wing seems to be back to normal now that she got fluids. Yes this is snow white. Her leg doesnt go forward. Ill give her some pain killers tomorrow and see what happens.

Last edited:
but with mereks the condition doesnt stop half way, doesnt it? She feels allot of pain in her legs when i move it to the side. Her wing seems to be back to normal now that she got fluids. Yes this is snow white. Her leg doesnt go forward. Ill give her some pain killers tomorrow and see what happens.

It can, sadly. :( It doesn't always follow any specific 'rules'. I am not saying it's Marek's for sure (far from it), but it is something you should consider at least, especially since it is in your flock.

If you suspect it's physical, such as an injury, painkillers such as Metacam or baby asprin can help her get some relief.

If you suspect it's neurological, consider getting her on some extra vitamins, such as a Super-B complex.

The key is to keep her hydrated though, of course, and then food. If she is not very interested in eating then I would suspect that it is not an injury; most of the time birds with injuries lose weight because they can't get to the food as easily, not because they are 'off' of the feed. I hope that makes sense.

Back
Top Bottom