Is my Silkies poop normal?

fivechicks715

Chirping
Jun 11, 2019
North Carolina
This just seemed like a lot of poop for two little silkies. Sorry for the gross picture.
I just got them a week ago from a local farm. They are in quarantine from my flock for the next 3 weeks. I gave them rooster booster for the first time in their water yesterday. Their behaviors are normal, eating, drinking, scratching for food. But one of my silkies when I pick her up clear water leaks from her mouth. I wonder if her crop is full and it is overflow? Then today I saw this poop and it looked like quite a lot and strange.

Attachments

• D03A8F1A-8EE6-467B-9D97-9B4D2C5BAAC7.jpeg
    D03A8F1A-8EE6-467B-9D97-9B4D2C5BAAC7.jpeg
    576.1 KB · Views: 26
This just seemed like a lot of poop for two little silkies. Sorry for the gross picture.
I just got them a week ago from a local farm. They are in quarantine from my flock for the next 3 weeks. I gave them rooster booster for the first time in their water yesterday. Their behaviors are normal, eating, drinking, scratching for food. But one of my silkies when I pick her up clear water leaks from her mouth. I wonder if her crop is full and it is overflow? Then today I saw this poop and it looked like quite a lot and strange.
How old is she?

Poop looks o.k. - hard to tell how big that is without a "known" reference beside it like a coin or ruler.

I would definitely check her crop first thing before she eats/drinks in the morning to see if her crop is empty. The water coming out of the beak might be from being picked up and the crop being pressed or it may be a sign that there's a crop issue.
https://www.backyardchickens.com/ar...w-to-know-which-one-youre-dealing-with.73607/

How old is she?

Poop looks o.k. - hard to tell how big that is without a "known" reference beside it like a coin or ruler.

I would definitely check her crop first thing before she eats/drinks in the morning to see if her crop is empty. The water coming out of the beak might be from being picked up and the crop being pressed or it may be a sign that there's a crop issue.
https://www.backyardchickens.com/ar...w-to-know-which-one-youre-dealing-with.73607/

Thank you, it is about 2.5 inches long, she is 1 years old and laying the other is 6 months old. I will feel her crop tonight and then in the morning to compare.

Back
Top Bottom