is my silky rooster fertile?

preciouschick

Songster
Aug 26, 2020
south central PA
This is my 4 1/2 month old old silky rooster. He is already crowing. I caught him mounting my white silky hen who is 10 months old. She has been broody twice so far. If hes doing this so young can he fertilize eggs, or is this just practice?šŸ¤£šŸ¤”

Attachments

• 20220622_171350.jpg
    20220622_171350.jpg
    660 KB · Views: 25
Last edited:
This is my 4 1/2 month old old silky rooster. He is already crowing. I caught him mounting my white silky hen who is 10 months old. She has been broody twice so far. If hes doing this so young can he fertilize eggs, or is this just practice?šŸ¤£šŸ¤”
Yep he could be fertilizing your Silkie hens eggs. You can check the eggs by cracking them open and see if you have a white bullseye looking spot which means they are fertile.
If they aren't fertile then he may not have worked out how to hit the mark yet haha, some of my boys started off sideways or back-to-front šŸ˜‚

Yep he could be fertilizing your Silkie hens eggs. You can check the eggs by cracking them open and see if you have a white bullseye looking spot which means they are fertile.
If they aren't fertile then he may not have worked out how to hit the mark yet haha, some of my boys started off sideways or back-to-front šŸ˜‚
unfortunately my "broody" started molting and isnt laying eggs right now so i will check the eggs as soon as she starts laying.

Back
Top Bottom