Is my Turkey hen broody?

I don’t really think that’s possible for me to do, cause that’s the only place she will lay. And she lays almost everyday so I wouldn’t want to make her feel like she couldn’t lay her eggs. I don’t wanna risk her getting egg bound.
She isn't fully broody or she wouldn't still be laying.

She isn't going to get egg bound by removing that box. She will find somewhere else to lay.

I don’t directly have any, but I’m sure I could get some from someone locally. I want to make her stop being broody, but I don’t think it’d be good to put her in a cage for to long. She gets very angry and won’t settle if she doesn’t feel like she’s in a good place. I would rather let her hatch eggs than risk ruining my close bond with her due to cold water plunges or being kept in a cage.
If she is still laying eggs then she is not fully broody

ok, thanks, I’ll do my best to remove her eggs, and I think I’ll try putting fake eggs in better nesting locations. Right now she’s pretty high up. I think I’ll just remove her from the box after she lays her daily egg and remove it. I can’t remove the box because my chickens also use it, and they are old and picky and refuse to lay unless they have their perfect box, but if I remove the eggs she will hopefully stop.

Back
Top Bottom