1. If this is your first time on BYC, we suggest you start with one of these three options:
    Raising Chickens Chicken Coops Join BYC
    If you're already a member of our community, click here to login & click here to learn what's new!

is one of my golden comet chicks a roo??

Discussion in 'Raising Baby Chicks' started by kaileen20, Oct 20, 2014.

1. kaileen20

kaileen20 Out Of The Brooder

Oct 14, 2014
    I have another thead on this but it wouldnt let me upload pics but now it can so ill just start a new thread :) I got 4 golden comet chicks from a family farm store 2 weeks ago and noticed one is more yellow and has longer wing feathers and a feathered tail and the others dont, could I have a roo ?? They are 2 weeks old :)

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

2. Wyandottes7

Wyandottes7 Overrun With Chickens

Jul 24, 2013
    If it is a purebred,1st generation Red Sex-Link, it could be a male. However, at least in the photos, it doesn't look like its down was the normal whitish color of a male Red Sex-Link. It may just be a lighter marked female.

3. LanceTN

LanceTN Chillin' With My Peeps

Aug 31, 2014
    It's my understanding and experience that pullets grow their tails longer earlier. Eventually the Rooster will grow a longer tail but the pullet grows theirs first.

With my Astralorps all my pullets had long tails when my cockerels still had stubby little butts.

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by