Is one of these a a rooster?

WarSmith

In the Brooder
Apr 11, 2022
I bought these two at the same time. They're about 3 weeks old I think. They were said to be hens but I have some concerns. One of there's comb is significantly larger than the other one and I think I see some red in it's waddles.
IMG_20220511_193622855_HDR.jpg

I think this one might be the rooster.

IMG_20220511_193655485.jpg

Note the smaller comb and no red on the bottom of the head.

I could use as much help as possible thank you fellas.

I bought these two at the same time. They're about 3 weeks old I think. They were said to be hens but I have some concerns. One of there's comb is significantly larger than the other one and I think I see some red in it's waddles.
View attachment 3103058
I think this one might be the rooster.

View attachment 3103062
Note the smaller comb and no red on the bottom of the head.

I could use as much help as possible thank you fellas.
It is possible that the first one is a cockerel but it's too early to tell.

This happened with two of my birds one went real red real quick he was a roo and the other was slower to get red and wattles. She’s a girl. Time will tell for sure I guess. Darn these chickens!! Ha

Bard Rocks. I think they're about 3 weeks old the guy that got them from wasn't quite clear.

IMG_20220511_212932236.jpg

The one on the left that's closer is the one I think might be a rooster.

IMG_20220511_212659474.jpg

Close one suspected rooster.

Update in a week or two but both have pretty light barring which is often indicative of them being cockerels. For their age their comb and wattles are also pretty large...
Thanks. Remember I'm not sure if they're exact age. But judging from charts and stuff I've seen I'd say about three to four weeks.

I hope the guy bought them from will let me return them I like chickens but I have no need for roosters.

Back
Top Bottom