Is Sav-A-Chick necessary?

Quote:
Me? Spoil my birds?! WHY would I want to do that?!
idunno.gif
gig.gif
wee.gif

I keep meaning to try sprouting some seed but the whole issue of bacteria freaks me out so I've been putting it off
hide.gif

Quote:
OMG I have TONS of this in my lawn! The butterflies LOVE the flowers! Sweet. I'll pluck some this evening!
big_smile.png

Quote:
Me? Spoil my birds?! WHY would I want to do that?!
idunno.gif
gig.gif
wee.gif

I keep meaning to try sprouting some seed but the whole issue of bacteria freaks me out so I've been putting it off
hide.gif

I don't know why you would want to ?
gig.gif

My darn birds are eating way better than me these days.
lau.gif

Sprouts really aren't that hard, and the birds love them! I started mine with mung beans. They had a little trouble with the bean being a little hard and crunchy, so after they sprout, I run them through a little chopper.

They are so busy eating them, they don't even take time to jump in the pile and kick and scatter like they do with the crumble.!
gig.gif

Captive audience. lol!

100_5608.jpg

Here's a good article I found on sprouting for birds.

Sprouting for birds

Awwweeee Look at 'em! They're like we want to nom NOWNOWNOW!!!
love.gif
Please Mum! Give those sprouts to us NOW!
lol.png
Love it. I'll have to fix some up this weekend!
ya.gif

Yes that's it! I have photos in my very first blog too on my handy dandy website lol. I got a manual mower so it cuts the Charlie and I put in a bucket and give it to the birds! Again, nom nom nom
big_smile.png

My quailies will be om nom nom nomming on some charlie this weekend!
celebrate.gif

Will get photos!
thumbsup.gif

Last edited:
YES! Let me see what I can find this weekend. I'd like to pot them in some little plastic pots & get them healthy before I ship them. After a plant is uprooted, it goes through some major stress settling in its container. Might even drop most of its leaves. Then shipping is a huge stressor in its own. I'm afraid if I just pluck & ship them to you, you'd end up with dead charlies!
hmm.png
& we don't want that!
roll.png

I'll pack it full of Miracle Gro Qucik Start...that is like steroids for ALL plants. A nice liquid feed. It is my miracle plant food.
love.gif

Last edited:

Back
Top Bottom