Is saying "thank you" so difficult?

This last year is the last year that I will be doing gifts or cards,.Christmas did me in. Believe me I don't expect people falling over themselves to say thanks, but even a little thank you would be nice! This has been going on for years in my family. I always give gifts and cards, no thank you or nothing. I am done. What gets me is my family (some) has enough nerve to call and ask what I am getting them for whatever and if it isnt what they want,..they put in an order
he.gif
! How RUDE!
rant.gif

I never knew sending a card to invite friends/family to a graduation was viewed as an invoice. I just wanted at least someone to be there for me. It would've been a real shock had someone given me something as a gift on such an occasion.

One tradition that's begun within certain circles of my family is making the gifts. It can be anything: a painting, glass beads, crocheted blanket, Andy Warhol photos of the dog, ceramic chickens, estate sale goodies, etc. We either expect we might get a handmade gift--the best kind--or, perhaps if the artist procrastinated this year, nothing! Oh well. Life goes on!

My Grandfather said to me as a reminder while growing up: Hearts...like doors open with ease, with very, very tiny keys and such are these....Thank you sir and If you please! Micah
love.gif

I was raised by my grandparents. My grandma always made us do thank you notes. I still do it today alot of people are surprised.

Quote:
I was raised to say thank you, write thank you card and to address elders as ma'am and sir. I have taught my daughter the same. I still use these gestures as respectful graditude.
I do not however, send gifts to recieive a response, I send gift for myself, because it makes me feel good to do it. I do not expect a thank you from everyone I send things too, it is nice once in awhile, but not expected or you will lose my gifts. I normally do not make it known that it was I who even sent anything. Like I said, I give for myself.
OK, I know I am just wierd
tongue2.gif

I have an Aunt...her name is Bonnie and her nick name within the family is "The etiquette Queen" ...I learned many wonderful things from my Aunt..and even now if there is something i want to know the "right" way of doing things I will call her...

My children were always raised with proper manners and I insist they use them. I am finding nowadays more and more that children dont have the proper "training" (for lack of a better word) in manners.

I am told by everyone when we go to a function with our children how wonderful it is to talk to children with such great manners.

I have a friend who i go on weekend shopping trips with and on one occasion we were out I had my DD with me and she had her DS with her and we were in a store and my DD said..."mom sammy (not the childs name but we will call him that) is bothering me he has no manners and" is rude. My DD no longer wants to go on the shopping trips cause she knows this lil boy has no manners and I am actually embarrassed to be in public with the mom and the son at times.

I feel like i am a lil old lady complaining about the manners of some people and their children...(I am only in my mid 30's..lol)

I just get so tired of talking to children with no manners and parents with no clue...manners is something that is definitely a lost art it is soon becoming extinct...

I remember when I was younger, I wouldn't talk to anyone who wouldn't say "thank you" or "you're welcome". It bothered me, even as a very young child (couldn't have been older than 5). Our son has a very limited vocabulary (he's 15 months) but he's starting to learn how to spit out "thank you" (not that it's very clear or anything, lol). I won't tolerate a rude kiddo, ESPECIALLY not my own!

Unfortunately, I never did get into writing thank you cards.
hmm.png
I feel guilty for it, but I never wrote specific thank you notes, just a simple thank you.

Back
Top Bottom