Is she a black australorp?

KimKat33

Chirping
Mar 7, 2020
Colorado
I think what I like about Meyer Hatchery is that they have a chart telling you what your extra chick was depending on the week you got it. I can’t take the suspense! :lau
I guess Mystery wanted to hitch a ride with the sapphire gems lol. Either way, I thought it was fun watching her grow up.

tdbusey

In the Brooder
Sep 30, 2018
The grey chicken is labeled as a Sapphire Gem by the hatchery. My mystery chicken came in with that bunch and looked different even as a chick. I wasnt actually supposed to end up with Mystery but I took her to see what she was lol.
Thank you! They are such pretty little things!

Gray Farms

Conserve Heritage Breed Livestock
Premium Feather Member
Apr 11, 2016
NW Missouri
5 weeks and 3 days... Haven't heard any crowing attempts and haven't seen any sparring. I'm hoping the ratio is maybe 3 gals to 1 guy! Not lucky enough to hatch all 4 gals lol. Any thoughts yet?
If they are just 5 weeks it looks like you've got several boys there.

Gray Farms

Conserve Heritage Breed Livestock
Premium Feather Member
Apr 11, 2016
NW Missouri
That would be terrible. Praying thats not the case. Eeeek.
Update with new pics in 2-3 weeks. Also they are far to young to crow. And chest bumping is not an accurate way to sex them. Pullets do it just as much as cockerels.

HappyClucker7

Crowing
Apr 28, 2016
New York
5 weeks and 3 days... Haven't heard any crowing attempts and haven't seen any sparring. I'm hoping the ratio is maybe 3 gals to 1 guy! Not lucky enough to hatch all 4 gals lol. Any thoughts yet?
They honestly all look like boys to me. :oops: Post some more pics in a few weeks.

Top Bottom