Is She a She? Our Coturnix Quail

I'm happy she made it. The other one, I think a male, would push her to the water or food like he was trying to tell her she had to eat and drink to get well. They lay close together in the aquarium when they sleep. I'm sure they'll like the extra space when I get them back outside. I don't know about the heat though. It's hot in the high desert right now.

Yea, I totally understand! Lately its been SOO hot here is Mesa, Arizona. And it rained today so now its kind of Humid.
The other day it was 116 and the quail enjoyed the sun but LOVED their shade and fan even more! lol
I mist the quail and They love it. One of our males will stand infront of the spray bottle and wont move until he is soaked.lol

I am planning on adding a misting system to the quail and chicken coops. My the HOT summers here a little more bareable.

I know what you mean about making the heat more bearable. I go out several times a day and mist the birds and they love it. I also see the finches, parakeets and canaries taking a lot of baths in their watering system. I'm thinking of a misting system also. I have shade cloth over the tops of my aviaries and chicken pens and shade cloth on the east and west walls. I put the quail out this morning after getting everything in place for them and the first thing they did after inspecting the living quarters/nesting box was to get a dirt bath. They were having a ball. The last time I checked they were in the shade, in the dirt, sleeping side by side.

I just got home from town and it's 106. I need to go out and spray the chickens, birds and quail. I could have just said all the birds) lol, I'm sure they would like it. It's humid today with all the clouds around. Yes, they're fun to watch. The quail especially since I just got them

This morning I found my Tuxedo Male outside! I have NO Idea how he got out of his cage but he was just having a blast out there. He was red from dust bathing and such. lol
He looked at me like he was saying "Hey what are you doing out here so early?" lol

They are SOO smart!! We didnt latch the bottom latch for some reason and I guess he found out he could squeeze out! lol

My Cinnamon Female opened her head wound again. it was healing nice too, until yesterday now its open again but still healing.
I just want her to get better!

Yeasterday I filled the quail water bowl up and they ALL jumped in and started to play in the water. It was funny to watch!

Our quail are giving us SOO many eggs!

We have about 30 button eggs on the incubator and a couple of Coturnix eggs. I would like to sell some of the eggs, because we are getting some REALLY nice birds out our pairs.
But I dont know where to advertise them. any ideas?

I wouldn't have a clue as to where to advertise your eggs. I'm not familiar with your area but around here we go to our local Feed/hardware store and put up a sign or sometimes they buy eggs. I have a friend that sells her eggs and her chicks there. That's where I bought my quail. Do you have a newspaper or a thrifty sale parer?

My quail are loving it outside. The female seems to be healing just fine. She's six weeks old and more so I'm looking for her to start laying any time. I thought maybe her injury might have set her back some. According to the gal at the feed store, some had already started laying.

Thank you! I will try Craigslist, that is actually where I found My Coturnix Quail Pair.
smile.png

I will also put up a sign at the feedstore tomorrow.

I hate to waste eggs, especially if people are looking for them.
We have More button quail eggs hatch so our total is 9 right now and a BUNCH more due to hatch every day for a week or more.
Thankfully I have had a couple people already interested in them. I advertise My chickens and quail chicks on Craigslist. I just wasnt sure if that would be a good place to sell eggs.

Thank you Again!

Your female may start to lay a little later due to the stress form the injury and such. I am really glad to hear she is doing alot better!

I soaked the front yard grass with water and set the cotunix free for a little bit and they went CRAZY over it!!

An update on my Cinnamon Female and her scalped head! She jumped and opened her head all the way open again!

It was looking SOO much better especially today, but after I got done putting antibiotics on it, i put her back in the brooder to relax, and she jumped up and hit her head ont he top and started to bleed, so NO more leaving it and letting it heal on its own. We are finally moving to useing LiquidSkin. Wish us luck!
smile.png

Back
Top Bottom