Is she broody or just drama?

Agam

In the Brooder
May 26, 2020
My chicken is 9 months old laying from 5-6 months and she start behaving differently 3 day back whenever I goes to tough her at night while locking them she show signs of broody hen I give her 2 eggs and she take them and next morning I release all chicken and she also run with them after hours I put her in coop she again start showing signs of broody hen and again sit on egg but after 2 hours she get out again the point is whenever I put her in coop she behaves broody at any time and at night she is broody but at day she is sometimes broody

My go-to signs of a broody:
Is she on nest most the day and all night?
When you pull her out of nest and put her on the ground, does she flatten right back out into a fluffy screeching pancake?
Does she walk around making a low cluckcluckcluckcluckcluck(ticking bomb) sound on her way back to the nest?

If so, then she is probably broody and you'll have to decide how to manage it.

My go-to signs of a broody:
Is she on nest most the day and all night?
When you pull her out of nest and put her on the ground, does she flatten right back out into a fluffy screeching pancake?
Does she walk around making a low cluckcluckcluckcluckcluck(ticking bomb) sound on her way back to the nest?

If so, then she is probably broody and you'll have to decide how to manage it.
Last night I put her separate and lock her after sitting on egg few hours she stands on egg want to run when I check her morning there also was one more egg . She is making broody sound too but setting on egg for few minutes doing this serval time a day

Did she go broody then? I have a hen doing the exact same right now! She acts broody as soon as its night time and when I put her in the coop, but then she jumps out again after a few hours and roams around fine. She has the big broody poop, plucked her breast feathers but is also laying.

Back
Top Bottom