Is she molting?

Blondie My BO lets me pet and break the cases for her while I love her and pet her. There is like a little powder on your hands after you break them or crack them. Blondie will just sit there and scratch at the areas I was just breaking the cases on. Kind of gives her a look like she has dandruff?
redheart.gif
I just love her to death. She is a lover too with rubs and lifting a wing for me to scratch her
Heartsparkles.gif
She makes my heart sing

Chic_Girl - LOL! I call her my little naked neck!!!! She didn't even want to come outside yesterday because it was so cold! Poor chicken! I have heard most chickens go through a molt in the fall, and I'm with you, I have no idea if my others will go through the same thing, or is it just this breed that goes through it. My Orps, sexlinks, and rir are showing no signs of it, so far!

SteveBaz - I LOVE my BO's!!! They are the sweetest birds of them all! I had no idea you could break open the cases! Her feathers are coming out on their own.. so I think that I'll just leave them alone, plus she is the only one that doesn't like to be held.. lil brat!

Back
Top Bottom