Is she show quality?

So apparently my little Cinnamon could be show quality?

Shes just a year old and was a rescue to begin with. Shes very sweet and loves car ride's, so I think the hen might have fun to? *If thats possible* So if she could be shown for fun that would be so awesome! I have a little person (13 years old) who would love some fun!

She's in very nice condition & her colour is good. Type isn't too bad though she's a little long in the back. However, judging from her size related to the hand that's holding her I'm inclined to think she may be too big.

She's in very nice condition & her colour is good. Type isn't too bad though she's a little long in the back. However, judging from her size related to the hand that's holding her I'm inclined to think she may be too big.
Ah alright, the person who saw her picture did not see her size in comparing to my hand.
Oh well :D Ill just have to hold out until next year when I get my Bantam Favoralles :D
Thank you!

If you have a 13 year old who might enjoy showing, I suggest that you let him (her?) enter the bird in the county fair.

Explain that the bird won't get any prizes because it is too big, but that you are doing a trial run to see how the show works and to see if you enjoy it. That way there are no expectations to be disappointed.

If your child is interested in 4-H, they offer junior showmanship. That is judged entirely on the handler and and a very tame calm bird is needed. So your bird, who is so pretty and friendly, would be perfect for a junior handler class.

If you enjoy the county fair experience, then you can invest some money in a show quality bird. While they cost more than a hatchery bird, they are really not expensive if you compare them to what another hobby might cost.

Back
Top Bottom